P W Millar Click & Collect procedure
In line with Government guidance, we are delighted to be able to offer a Click & Collect service at our dealership.
Our showroom will be open but our sales team will have had to arrange the sale and all paperwork prior to you departing to collect your vehicle. Following this procedure will help to ensure your vehicle purchase from us will be undertaken as smoothly as possible, you can be assured its collection will be completed Covid safely too.
Once you have decided on your vehicle please e-mail or call and our sales team who will explain the procedures. We will be able to provide a part-exchange value, bespoke finance options, extended warranty packages, and our car lifeshine product. We can also provide a free 3 day insurance policy and a free 30 day GAP policy.
Below is a guide of how the click & collect procedure works
- Once you have chosen your vehicle e-mail us or contact us through whichever platform you found the vehicle. Our general e-mail is email@example.com and our contact number is 01446 733248
- A salesperson will outline this procedure and take your details. We will then ask if you have a part exchange vehicle and how you wish to acquire the vehicle. We can provide a walk around live or recorded video of your desired car if required. We can do this through Facetime or WhatsApp.
- If you have a part exchange we will require the registration, mileage, service history, timing belt replacement (if applicable) how many keys to your car, any paint or body damage & any faults or malfunction lights on. We will then provide you with our valuation. (please note this valuation is subject to us inspecting and test driving your vehicle)
- We can quote and arrange PCP or HP car finance if required. You will be able to sign the finance agreement remotely at home.
- If you decide you wish to proceed you now pay a £250 refundable holding fee. We can take a debit or credit card over the phone. We will remove the car from sale and proceed to prepare the car through our service department and valet department.
- Decide if you wish to take our recommended Ford Protect Gold warranty (Details provided below and see our Ford Protect Warranty page on our website)
- Decide if you want your new vehicle prepared with our external and internal life-shine complete car protection system (Details provided below)
- Our salesperson will agree with you the details and costs and we will prepare the paperwork and the contract. This order form will be e-mailed to you. The final contract will be signed on site when you have arranged to pick up your vehicle. Please see here for our distance sale terms and conditions.
- Arrange a time and date for your appointment and collection. Pay the balance by online bank transfer in advance. We will discuss this with you if you have any concerns.
- Inspect your new vehicle and sign the contract.
- You will be responsible for taxing and insuring your new car. We can provide you with the details of a Free 3-day insurance policy (if required) through Ford that will have to be set up by you before you travel to the dealership.
- Enjoy your new car.
We will arrange an appointment time and date with you when your vehicle is ready to collect and provide you with the necessary paperwork to complete ahead of your visit.
On the day of your collection, a strict distancing will be maintained throughout the collection procedure. Upon arrival, you will be greeted by your salesperson and directed to the car and handover area. Only one customer will be permitted at a time. Please maintain the social distancing requirements at all times. We also have a PPE station available for our customers.
The Handover and contract
Once in the handover area, please apply disinfecting gel at the hand sanitising station, adhere to any instructional signs and maintain the two-metre social distance between yourself and our member of staff.
We will re-appraise and test drive your car if you are part-exchanging, should any further paperwork need to be completed it will now be done.There will be a sanitised area for this to be undertaken.
Ford Protect Warranty
If the used vehicle you purchase from us no longer has manufacturer warranty then we will provide you with a 3month/3000 mile (whichever is the sooner) in-house warranty. This means should any fault occur with the vehicle (that is covered under our warranty) it will have to be returned to us for diagnosis and repair.
We appreciate that bringing the car back to us for repair will not be ideal and that is why we strongly recommend you upgrade your warranty to one of our Ford Protect packages. You can purchase anything from 6 months to 3 years' cover. If the car you are purchasing is less than 10 years old and has less than 100,000 miles you will be eligible for the Gold level of cover. You are able to have as many claims as you require up to the purchase price of the vehicle, unlimited mileage, no excess, and repairs carried out at any vat registered garage in the UK & Europe.
Should a fault or failure happen in the warranty period you will need to book it into your local vat registered garage for diagnostic (please note that a diagnostic charge may apply) once that fault is confirmed the repairing garage will contact Ford Protect with the fault and repair costs for them to authorise. This is an overview of the product and the salesperson will be able to explain in more detail and provide you with the costs. Please click here to download the pdf information brochure or click here https://qbeeurope.com/products/automotive-protection/ford-protect-warranty to watch a short video about the product.
Please note that this product is available for virtually all makes & models NOT just the Ford range. It also covers commercial and hire & reward vehicles.
Lifeshine by Autoglym
We want your car to be be prepared and cleaned to the highest standard possible. Before you pick up your vehicle we will clean the interior and exterior to the best of our ability. To really enhance the quality of the exterior paintwork, glass, and interior fabrics we recommend we prepare your vehicle with our fantastic life-shine product. This product comes with a lifetime guarantee. The cost of the life-shine product is only £275 inc vat. Please click on this link for further information https://lifeshine.com/